[Cryptography] EU pushes for backdoored encryption

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:00:40 EST 2020

> On Nov 10, 2020, at 2:22 AM, Danny Muizebelt <dannym at packetloss.at> wrote:
>
> The ORF news agency in Austria got hold of a fast tracked internal EU
> resolution which would demand backdoors in end-to-end encrypted messaging
> apps like Whatsapp and Signal.
>
> The solution for legal, "targeted" access to private data(which I have
been defending for many years) is NOT encryption backdoor.
It's simply, "hardware or operating system level backdoors". And we also
know that those backdoors exist for a very very long time.
So, there isn't any problem for accessing "targeted" access to any kind of
private data.
They just need to "legalize" a "de facto" truth: Asking hardware and/or
operating system level  backdoors passwords by a legitimate court order in
case of strong suspicion(In fact, they are actually and legally doing this
for regular phone calls, with court orders. They must just pass a new law
for operating system/hardware level access to devices).
They make cheap demagogy!

Regards
Ismail Kizir