[Cryptography] CMS or S/MIME test vectors

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 27 04:03:52 EDT 2020

On Tue, 26 May 2020 22:55, Dmitry Baryshkov said:

> GnuTLS supports using Ed25519 in CMS files, but it also not verified
> against any other known source

I was not ware that GnuTLS supports CMS thus I didn't looked into this
direction.  I'll check it out.

BTW, I would also suggest to use the public key as subjectKeyIdentifier
in Ed25519 signed certificates than to use a hash of the public key.

> (https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/227).
>
> I've asked on curdle and lamps MLs. Let's see how they respond.
>
>> Samples of enveloped data using GCM (RFC-5084) would also be of
>> interest, given that Outlook will eventually support this.

Russ Housley mentioned that RFC-8591 (SIP-Based Messaging with S/MIME)
has an example with RSA and AEC-GCM (see A.3.2)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner