[Cryptography] Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on Introduction of Lawful Access Bill in Senate

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Tue Jun 30 13:53:07 EDT 2020

At 09:03 AM 6/30/2020, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>The Aurora shooter used kevlar armor to make themselves invulnerable. The result was a lot of dead people.

Hmmm...  So kevlar armor killed these people?  Last time I looked, victims of 'shooters' were killed by bullets.

So, the following items should be outlawed for *everyone* because 'shooters' might take advantage of them:

* vaccines to protect shooters from flu, whooping cough, measles, etc.
* air bags to protect shooters from being injured in their getaway cars
* water filters to protect shooters from arsenic in their water bottles
* COVID19 fask masks to protect shooters from coming down with COVID19
* OSHA rules to protect shooters from workplace hazards
* FDA rules to protect shooters from bad drugs
etc.

How about we simply give the police/govt a remote 'kill switch' for every resident?  Then when some 'shooter' starts shooting, the police trigger the kill switch.

Problem solved.

Disallowing body armor is equivalent to handing the police a 'kill switch'.

Didn't the recent BLM protests tell you about what can go wrong when police have 'kill switches' aka 'deadly force' aka 'qualified immunity' ?