[Cryptography] Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on Introduction of Lawful Access Bill in Senate

Tony Patti crypto at glassblower.info
Mon Jun 29 21:21:13 EDT 2020

> Monday, June 29, 2020 3:08 PM Henry Baker wrote:

> A few years ago I looked into *actual armor* -- e.g., kevlar vests -- and
found (to my surprise) that kevlar vests were regulated.

I don't believe that statement is generally true, as it appears to be a
RIGHT, at least in the USA,

see for example https://bulletsafe.com/pages/bulletproof-vest-faq which if
you scroll down states this:

     Who can buy a bulletproof vest?

     As a resident of the US, you have the right to buy and own a
bulletproof vest.

     The only people who cannot own a bulletproof vest are those people who
have been convicted of a violent felony.

     If you have been convicted of a violent felony you have forfeited the
right to own body armor.

That web page further says they can ship directly to 49 states, and the only
exception is Connecticut, which requires face-to-face transaction thru a
local dealer.

Tony Patti

crypto at glassblower.info <mailto:crypto at glassblower.info>