[Cryptography] "‘The intelligence coup of the century’"

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 20:09:50 EST 2020

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

>So how did we get directed down the RSA path and not the Diffie-Hellman
path?

The Rabin cryptosystem is listed on wikipedia. I don't understand the
math behind it particularly well, but "the Rabin cryptosystem has the
advantage that it has been mathematically proven to be computationally
secure against a chosen-plaintext attack as long as the attacker
cannot efficiently factor integers, while there is no such proof known
for RSA."