[Cryptography] Bitcoin is a disaster.

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 08:33:27 EST 2020

On 12/29/20, Ismail Kizir <ikizir at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know exactly how we can do. But I have at least one base idea:
> "Contributing to infrastructure will also mean mining".
> Roof networks are not very promising as a large scale internet backbone.
> But I have hope from this list. If anyone, has a project based on "original
> ideals of Internet and cryptocoins", I am ready to contribute.

Goals:
- p2p, cheap, strong
- a protocol where contribution to infrastructure is rewarded
- work is kept simple and clear, to be easy to learn and contribute to
- existing projects are reused and related with.  If a replacement is
found, we join them and contribute.

Sound good?  Do you need me to setup the project and link it here?  I
can't do it all myself =)

My passion here is with reliable storage, communication, and
publishing, which blockchains basically provide already.

I see most of the arguments on this thread as bogus, not worthy of
spending time discussing.  I don't know why people are talking about
anonymity and bitcoin.  If you want to be more anonymous, you need to
upgrade the protocol or launder your coins via some other anonymity
network.  If you want it to scale better, you need to upgrade the
protocol or wait until network infrastructure meets demand.  If you
want transactions to be cheaper, you need to upgrade the protocol or
wait until block rewards shrink and network capacity increases.  I'm
not including all the parts of the concerns, but these things are
obvious and people are talking like they have no knowledge of them.