[Cryptography] Bitcoin is a disaster.

Kick Ass Bitch costajetro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:24:15 EST 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM Ismail Kizir <ikizir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
>

>> It is my opinion that Bitcoin is a failure.  Worse than that, it's a
>> disaster.
>>

> I totally agree.
> Internet also became a disaster.
> We're very far from original ideas: Uncensored, decentralized ideals are
> forgotten.

The technology adopted in the basic protocols of the internet would never
allow this, IP / TCP and DHCP were not decentralized.
Now, there are many technologies that work over the internet in a
decentralized way, P2P, torrent, IPFS, most cryptocurrencies, I2P, TOR and
more.
The next step is to provide technologies and protocols for a truly
decentralized internet.