[Cryptography] "Strong" passwords too clever by half...

alan at clueserver.org alan at clueserver.org
Mon Sep 30 19:17:31 EDT 2019

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
>> I used a "^" character in a password, but I
>> recently discovered that this character is
>> impossible to input with some versions of
>> Android keyboard programs.
>>

> I did something even worse: On Android, I added a space at the end of my
> password, which was accepted.  However, in browsers, the JavaScript for
> the
> login page trims trailing spaces...

The pipe "|" character gave me headaches on the terminal emulator I use on
Android.

I have considered using cuneiform or hieroglyphics for passwords, but
Android doesn't seem to have fonts for those either. (I may have to make a
few font packs from the fonts I use on Linux.)

Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.