[Cryptography] "Exclusive: Russia carried out a 'stunning' breach of FBI communications system, escalating the spy game on U.S. soil"

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Sep 26 18:51:22 EDT 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, Bill Frantz wrote:

> year or so ago, his robot seriously didn't like my ISP.]

You should be whitelisted by now; some of those DNSBLs are a bit
trigger-happy, and I try and respond right away.

>> "Codebreakers" by Craig Collie?
>>
>> The front page blurb says "Inside the shadowy world of signals intelligence
>> in Australia's two Bletchley Parks".  ISBN 9781743312100.

Forgot to mention the publisher: Allen and Unwin.  I normally buy online,
but a colleague gave me this copy and refused payment ($US24.95).

No, I have nothing to do with the book etc...

> Bingo!
>
> I picked up my copy in the Sydney airport while leaving after the
> International Congress of Speleology. It's a good read.

Truly a good read!  For example, it was an intercept station in the
Queensland bush that brought about Yamamoto's demise.  They knew exactly
where and when he would be (he was a stickler for that), and a squadron of
P-29s -- practically at the end of their range -- just happened to be in
the vicinity...  (I think I read that in some other crypto book.)

-- Dave