[Cryptography] Crown Sterling debunked

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Sep 23 22:40:30 EDT 2019

Yes... I know...

But it seemed to me that Bruce didn't quite get the right smackdown. Yes,
has all the signs of snake oil cryptography. But this is cryptanalysis
and so in addition to all the points he raised about snake oil algorithms
being stinky, there is a second list of issues that apply to cryptanalysis
claims.

Not least of which is 'why not solve the RSA1024 challenge puzzle'.

https://medium.com/@hallam/getting-rsa-256-bits-wrong-4a9339f2f178

Given the Quantum Computing related snake oil claims we all know are
coming, it is probably worth while practicing smackdowns or the press will
be full of 'em.