[Cryptography] Mention of Joe Biden in "Puzzle Palace"

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Nov 25 15:16:56 EST 2019

Having just (re)read James Bamford's "Puzzle Palace", I noticed a
reference to one United States Senator Joe Biden, who was a member of the
Senate Intelligence Committee.  Apparently he revealed a major security
breach in the mid-70s when a "young sergeant" in a "very, very sensitive
position working with the National Security Agency" managed to smuggle out
some information on a tape recorder.

That got me wondering: not being an American, would this be the current
Joe Biden?  I can't seem to find any hard information on it.

Thanks.

-- Dave