[Cryptography] Very best practice for RSA key generation

Christian Huitema huitema at huitema.net
Tue Nov 5 01:26:34 EST 2019

On 11/4/2019 5:58 PM, Jon Callas wrote:
> It's certainly possible to take that basic format and further make it easier. As an obvious example, you typed "Correct Horse Battery Staple" and it's obvious that "correct horse battery staple" is also valid. There's no reason why we can't accept reasonable typos or alternates such as "verum equus altilium stapulae" or "correct cheval batterie agrafe" or even "正确 马 电池 主食" as each of those is just a different encoding of four fifteen bit integers.

Pushing your luck, are you? Matching a list of 32K words in different
languages is going to be fraught with synonyms, homonyms and the like.
Just to take your example, "batterie" in French is a rechargeable
battery, while the Duracell battery is "une pile" -- which is also a
pile. And then, I am not sure that there are 32K commonly used words in
French, which might introduce interesting issues.

-- Christian Huitema