[Cryptography] In the event of my death, master password

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Mar 1 19:09:52 EST 2019

On 2/27/19 at 7:48 PM, johnl at iecc.com (John Levine) wrote:

>In article <90699fc4-f672-7620-6754-51ec2c2a9a7b at a2zliving.com> you write:
>>More to the point, is how would you (with a technical background) like to access yout
>parents
>>password for example?
>
>On a piece of paper in the same file with his will.

You don't want to put your will in a safe deposit box as it will
take a court order to open the box and find out who is named as
executer. Putting your passwords, along with other valuables, in
the box is much more reasonable.

If the password needs to be used more quickly than the legal
process will give access to your safe deposit box, consider
giving it to your executor before you die.

All this applies to your parent's passwords.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | When an old person dies, a   | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | library burns. - Joe McGawon | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | Irish Ethnographer           | Los Gatos,
CA 95032