[Cryptography] Historic Codebreaking.

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Wed Jan 23 15:20:41 EST 2019

Gerard Cheshire wrote on 24/01/19 12:19 AM:
> Fellow Cryptography Listers,
>
> Those of you interested in historic codes and ciphers may wish to know that
> the codex of manuscript MS408 (Voynich) has been decrypted. A
> peer-reviewed paper is due to be formally published in a journal in 2019.

A quote from the sidebar of the subreddit /r/voynich

    Every few months there's a new article on how the VM has been deciphered.
    This is not true. Read the following for more information.
  https://skeptoid.com/blog/2017/09/08/yet-another-voynich-manuscript-solution/

Does anyone here have the expertise (I certainly don't) to say whether this
latest discovery is a credible one, or might it be another of those "every few
months" articles?