[Cryptography] In the event of my death, master password

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Feb 28 15:55:23 EST 2019

 [[ pretty off topic ]]

In article <C24FB976-812F-47AF-9708-A43AA7543002 at callas.org> you write:
>For example, a literal piece of paper in the safety deposit box with the will.

You don't want to put them in the safe deposit box.  As soon as the bank hears that
the owner's died, the process of getting into the box becomes much more difficult.
My will is in a folder in the desk in the kitchen.

>I’ve heard several stories about people who made that mistake and now do not have
>available the few thousand bitcoins they once had.

Oh, like this guy:

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2019/02/09/what-happens-when-your-bitcoin-banker-dies