[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: Let's not talk about DoH, or Well, that only took ten years

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Aug 18 12:09:50 EDT 2019

 [[ probably not for publication ]]

>>This has nothing to do with cryptography, so let's not talk about it here.
>
>Speaking not in my capacity as a co-moderator, I find discussion of issues
>around security/crypto technology both interesting and useful.  In fact if we
>had more discussion of this sort of thing we might end up with more
>appropriate and useful crypto/security technology being deployed.

If I thought there were any hope of a productive conversation, I would agree
with you.  But everywhere else it's one side shouting "CENSORSHIP IS BAD" and
the other side is shouting "SECURITY IS GOOD" and I don't see any reason
it would be different here, probably worse given the high density of
highly opinionated but painfully naive crypto libertarians here.

Both sides' opening statements are correct, but the conversation
rapidly goes downhill from there.

R's,
John