[Cryptography] Well, that only took ten years

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Fri Aug 16 08:52:56 EDT 2019

Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I concur that EV was muck, but...
>
> On 14/08/2019 08:13, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>> In any case it'll be interesting to see what the next deckchair-rearrangement
>> in browser PKI will be.
>
> Not quite a deckchair re-arrangement, but I'd love to
> see an 2nd independent instance of what LE do, capable
> of handling about 10% of the same volume, and of ramping
> up, just in case.

You can operate a fully automatic CA on OpenLDAP that will scale to
whatever data and traffic volume you care to, no sweat.

https://twitter.com/hyc_symas/status/851170944345407488

I personally use this to generate server certs for my email servers, and
client certs for my laptops / phones / etc.

--
  -- Howard Chu