[Cryptography] Norton Password Vault

Christian Huitema huitema at huitema.net
Mon Nov 19 02:20:38 EST 2018

On 11/18/2018 6:50 PM, Kevin W. Wall wrote:

> Thanks for anyone that can provide any help. Googling really didn't
> help at all so thought I'd ask here before I tell them it's completely
> hopeless and wait until the estate is settled and go with plan B.

It may or may not work, but if you can script the access to the vault
you could try a "smart" dictionary attack. Gather the name, dates or
other numbers that were significant to the deceased, and use this set of
strings to create a dictionary of potential passwords for the vault --
mixing symbols, case shifts, variations, common words, etc.

-- Christian Huitema