[Cryptography] NSA's 5th annual Science of Security paper award

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Wed Jan 31 22:56:53 EST 2018

Hello.  I am writing to help recruit nominations for NSA's 5th
Annual Best Science of Cybersecurity paper award, which covers
papers published in calendar 2017.  Nominations close at the end
of next month, March, 2018.

The exercise of trying to identify what paper provided the strongest
*scientific* contribution to the field in the past calendar year
provides an interesting perspective from which to review recently
published work and assess its significance.  I hope you'll take
advantage of this invitation to do just that.

Nominated papers are reviewed by a set of named experts, with the
final selection made by NSA's Director of Research, Dr. Deb Frincke.
The list of reviewers and all other details on the competition can
be found here:

  http://cps-vo.org/group/sos/papercompetition

Past winning papers are listed here:

  http://cps-vo.org/group/sos/papercompetition/pastcompetitions

And, most important, the place to submit nominations is here:

  http://cps-vo.org/group/sos/papercompetition/submit

--dan