[Cryptography] Opinions requested on Sample Root Certificate

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 16 21:18:32 EST 2018

Paul F Fraser <paulf at a2zliving.com> writes:

>Opinions on choice of  ECDSA-brainpoolP512r1 curve and SHA256WITHECDSA for a
>root certificate would be the most important.

I don't think it matters, any modern algorithm will be fine, the failures
won't happen there but everywhere else.  A specific answer will depend more on
what you want to use it for, do you need to interop with stuff that can't do
ECC, are there regulatory constraints, do your customers prefer A to B, etc.

Peter.