[Cryptography] Opinions requested on Sample Root Certificate

Paul F Fraser paulf at a2zliving.com
Tue Jan 16 21:03:26 EST 2018

On 17/01/2018 12:31 PM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> Paul F Fraser <paulf at a2zliving.com> writes:
>
>> Any comments would be appreciated.
> What sort of comments were you looking for, apart from "it looks like a
> certificate"?  In particular if you want comments on any details you'll need
> to provide a better breakdown of what's in there, for example using dumpasn1.
>
> Peter.

Opinions on choice of  ECDSA-brainpoolP512r1 curve and SHA256WITHECDSA for a root certificate would
be the most important.

Are they appropriate for this case or are there known reasons to not use them.

I will get used to the fact, sooner or later, that on the crypto list more specific questions are
the expected,

Thanks Peter.

Paul Fraser