[Cryptography] Proof of Work is the worst way to do a BlockChain

Ersin Taskin hersintaskin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:31:44 EST 2018

> Banks, notaries, accountants, lawyers, judges, they are all in the trust
> business - and sooner or later a scandal hits, and they run to the
> government - an organization not all that famous for trustworthiness.

I agree. However, I still insist that we must create a crypto system that
should be implemented robustly today. Today we need some of these entities
as peripehrals since the transformation will be an evolutionary process
rather than a revolutionary one. The people we try to convince vary a lot
in terms of priorities, attitudes towards banks, state, etc. We, the
cypherpunks, are soo the minority. James, you don't need to convince me. We
need to convince others. I cannot convince people in Bitcoin with all the
volatility, speculation, a few tx/s bandwidth, environmentally hostile
nature. I cannot convince myself. We need to provide people with something
really useful. Something that solves their issues, addresses their
concerns. It is a hard problem and we cannot afford being arrogant.
Skepticism is the most fundemental thing we need to find a solution. The
more you believe the more you suspect. Until you are free of all faith. You
will be amazed by the imagination/creativity unleashed.

"Imagination is better than knowledge" Albert Einstein.