[Cryptography] Proof of Work is the worst way to do a BlockChain

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:23:50 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Ersin Taskin <hersintaskin at gmail.com> wrote:

>We need a system that can be implemented TODAY and evolve in the course of time. We have to admit that state/government is a reality TODAY. Some part of is bad but some part of it is good (at least as of today). >https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/911307/Bitcoin-price-live-gunpoint-heist-rising-falling-ripple-ethereum-blockchain . We have to acknowledge the legitimate parts of the state and design a fair system that collaborates >with that part of the state. No body would be able to succesfully object to a crypto-system that shakes hands with the legitimate and fair part of the state.

Ersin,

You tell that you trust in State and Banks. And you tell that there
are good parts of it.
Of course, there are good parts of State. And we need it.
But, let me emphasize some facts about State:

Modern Democracies are based on Montesqieue's "Separation of powers" ideas:
https://www.catallaxia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Montesquieu:De_l%27esprit_des_lois

The base of modern state is, simply "lack of trust".
That's why, we have separation of powers.
That's why, for example, in Turkey, actually, we are converting our
parlementary system, which is more based on trust(soft separation of
powers) to  a Presidential system, as in United States, which have a
more rigid separation of powers(Legislation, Execution, Jurisdiction).

Consequently, even actual modern state concept is based on "untrust".
The State doesn't trust itself. How can we trust it?
Even though it was a lie, last 30 years Western World Slogan is
minimizing the State! (But they did the same mistake i am trying to
elaborate and made peoples slaves of global finance capital and
empowered States physically, more police and security officers, more
cameras, larger armies, more weapons and wars! But this is another
discussion)

I think, decentralized monetary system is the natural consequence of
history and logic.
But here, the biggest danger is to be trapped by global
finance-captial instead of States.

I dream of a world where
  No power, State or Finance capital can use my own money against me.
  No power can control how i will spend my money.
  No power can confiscate my money.
  No power can enslave me with my own money.

Now, we have an opportunity for, at least, eliminating all kinds of
intermediaries!
This is what I think.

Regards
Ismail Kizir