[Cryptography] canonicalizing unicode strings.

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Thu Feb 1 20:55:46 EST 2018

On 02/01/2018 04:10 PM, John Levine wrote:

> Surely we don't have to rehash all the reasons why user education
> about security issues is an oxymoron.

Well, the real issue is that the minute they get into a habit - ANY
habit - the people you want to be secure against will try to take
advantage of THAT habit.

But there is another problem that you can just sum up this way:

"You can't get people to read the instructions, by putting 'read the
instructions' into the instructions they're not reading."

I think the quote is from Howard Tayler.

				Bear