[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: Throwing dice for "random" numbers

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Aug 14 22:18:40 EDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz>
wrote:

> Also of interest, trying to connect to the given URL:
>
> https://wizardofodds.com/gambling/dice/3/
>
> with Firefox (Chrome and others connect OK [0]) gives:
>
>   An error occurred during a connection to wizardofodds.com.

Hmm... The cert is  current...
Common Name (CN)
Let's Encrypt Authority X3
Validity Period
Issued On
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 8:09:07 AM
Expires On
Monday, October 8, 2018 at 8:09:07 AM

On https...
O'Reiley's
 Mike Loukides <https://www.oreilly.com/people/1b7da-mike-loukides>
August 14, 2018 wrote an article
about https ...  It hit my mail box today via their news letter.

https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/a-quick-reminder-on-https-everywhere

[0] Yeah, OK, I'm one of the three Firefox users left.  I met one of the
>     others at a conference once.  I remember him because of the purple
> hair.

I use it from time to time.  All present and accounted for.
Now to get me some of those dice... currently sold out.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l