[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: Throwing dice for "random" numbers

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 14 20:15:58 EDT 2018

​Tom Mitchell <mitch at niftyegg.com> writes:

>And yes there is a table for 12 dice in an unedited section.
>https://wizardofodds.com/gambling/dice/3/

Or you could just roll 16 of these and read the results out directly:

https://www.gmdice.com/products/hexadecimal-dice

Also of interest, trying to connect to the given URL:

https://wizardofodds.com/gambling/dice/3/

with Firefox (Chrome and others connect OK [0]) gives:

  An error occurred during a connection to wizardofodds.com. Peer’s
  Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

Who needs site outages and server crashes when you've got the web PKI to
emulate the failure for you.  What's worse, I can't connect to that site at
all (with Firefox) because the browser has decided that since the web PKI has
deemed the site not worth of being connected to, I'm not allowed to see it in
any form.

Peter.

[0] Yeah, OK, I'm one of the three Firefox users left.  I met one of the
    others at a conference once.  I remember him because of the purple hair.