[Cryptography] ? recommendations for secure communications

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:27:55 EDT 2017

On 10/12/2017 08:01 PM, John Denker via cryptography wrote:
> I suppose Signal makes sense for simple messages, but
> even so there is a record of who called whom.  And
> AFAICT there is no good way to attach typical documents.

You can delete conversations. But I don't think it can be set up to be
automated, though.

> Can email be secured in a reasonable way for ordinary
> non-wizard users, or has everybody given up on this?

I've seen this, which is supposed to make it easier for non-tech users (do the
setup part) :

https://prettyeasyprivacy.com/

There was a talk at Hacker's Congress in Prague on it, but I don't think there's
recording.

But from my own experience with Enigmail and other things made to work on top of
email: I wouldn't recommend it to non-tech users. It's really easy to screw it
up even if you know what you are doing.

Regards,
  OM