[Cryptography] "Perpetual Encryption"

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:48:55 EDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill at hallambaker.com
> wrote:

> ​I have a snakeoil crypto scoring scheme.
>
> Any mention of 'keyless' 10 points
> Any claim of 'strength' greater than 2^256, 10 points
> Any claim of 'mathematically unbreakable', 20 points
> ​Any mention of One Time Pads, 50 points
> Pretty Web site entirely devoid of actual technical content, 20 points.
>
> Looks to me like a home grown stream cipher which may or may not be
> trivially insecure and will almost certainly fail on analysis.

The following scheme scores highly, except that it has no web site:

I invented an amazing truly unhackable super-encryption algorithm:

1) Generate n bits of true random data that have no bias or any detectable
non-randomness
2) Manually deliver this OTP random bits to the recipient, then go home.
3) XOR OTP data with an n-bit secret message to generate ciphertext.
4) Use HMAC-SHA512(ciphertext) to generate tag
6) Transmit ciphertext | tag over any unsecured channel to the recipient.

I claim this OTP scheme has "perfect security", is authenticated, has
information theoretic security, is trivially provable as CCA2 secure, is
simpler than all popular AEAD schemes, and yet is completely useless :)