[Cryptography] "Perpetual Encryption"

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Wed Mar 29 10:51:17 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Allen <allenpmd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I wonder, is this some variant of the idea of starting with a shared
> > unpredictable one-time pad K1, and sending the encrypted message (xor K1
> > M1) along with (xor K1 K2), where K2 is a new unpredictable one-time pad
> > to use for the next encryption?
>
> I think the scheme is closer to this:
>
> Mi = sequence of message bits
> Ri = sequence of random bits
> Pi = sequence of bits from PRNG keyed by key K
>
> The encoder transmits Mi xor Ri, and Ri xor Pi.  The decoder generates
> Pi and recovers
> Mi = (Mi xor Ri) xor ((Ri xor Pi) xor Pi)
>
> But its certainly not clear from the whitepaper.

​I have a snakeoil crypto scoring scheme.

Any mention of 'keyless' 10 points
Any claim of 'strength' greater than 2^256, 10 points
Any claim of 'mathematically unbreakable', 20 points
​Any mention of One Time Pads, 50 points
Pretty Web site entirely devoid of actual technical content, 20 points.

Looks to me like a home grown stream cipher which may or may not be
trivially insecure and will almost certainly fail on analysis.