[Cryptography] USB firewall/condom HW/SW

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 14 18:41:53 EDT 2017

Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> writes:

>``One ring to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.''  Have we
>  learned nothing from Tolkein's "Lord of the Rings"?

Yes, that the winning side had damn good propagandists.  Rightful heir to the
rulership/stewardship of Gondor dies under mysterious circumstances with no
witnesses, blamed on "orcs", current ruler dies under mysterious circumstances
by setting himself on fire, no reliable witnesses, throne is claimed by some
guy no-one's ever heard of who pops up out of nowhere waving a magic sword no-
one's ever seen before, all orchestrated by a dodgy hippie in a white cloak.

(Ref: "The Last Ringbearer", Kirill Eskov).

What were we discussing again?

Peter.