[Cryptography] USB firewall/condom HW/SW

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Mar 13 21:46:32 EDT 2017

On 3/13/17 at 12:47 PM, crypto-metzdowd at bmt-online.org (Bertrand
Mollinier Toublet) wrote:

>Do I see any benefit in plugging that one random device into my
>computer over any other random USB device? Afraid not.

While I agree with the comments of the form, "But how do we know
we can trust it?", there is one advantage to using it if it
really does what it claims in terms of protecting your computer
from random USB devices. I gives you only one attacker, rather
than a world of them. YMMV!

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | I like the farmers' market   | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | because I can get fruits and | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | vegetables without stickers. | Los Gatos,
CA 95032