[Cryptography] Programmable HPstyle RPN calculators (not HP).

Jon Callas jon at callas.org
Fri Mar 10 22:42:06 EST 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 2:22 PM, Tom Mitchell <mitch at niftyegg.com> wrote:
>

> Disclaimer:
> I happen to be an RPN-HP calculator fan and am trying to convince
> myself I need one ;-)
> As hardware+buttons+display goes this is inexpensive.

You need one. Just get it. You have my permission. If your SO complains, tell them it's all my fault.

However, I'd recommend considering the HP16. I have an original one around here somewhere, and you'll love it because it has lots of computer features in it like being able to do variable word size, operating in hex, octal, or decimal (binary too, but really that's more trouble than it's worth, except to input in binary for quick conversion to hex or oct), as well as being able to do twos-compliment or ones-compliment math. You can set it up to do 36-bit, ones-compliment just like a real Univac. Yay!

I'm sure you can find something to do with it cryptographically. Maybe you should get both. Yeah, definitely you should. It's all my fault you're going to get them both.

	Jon