[Cryptography] Depending on Google to protect your anonymity?!

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Jun 30 06:27:03 EDT 2017

On 09/06/2017 1:03 PM, Chris Kuethe wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:37 PM, John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com
> <mailto:gnu at toad.com>> wrote:
>
>     How much would it cost to be watching every
>
>     interaction a given user has with Google, all day, all week long?
>

> https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity
>
> Just in case you'd like a taste of what they know when you're signed in...

This is deceptive.  Google has linked identities that I have taken
radical measures to keep separate, even though none of those identities
have ever signed in for anything google related.

To detect some of the things that they have detected, their tracking
must be vastly more intrusive than this link reveals.

This does not mean they are omniscient - their detection is spotty, and
from what they have caught, I know that some things they have not
caught, I have gotten away with lots of stuff, much of which might seem
easy to catch, but what they have caught is a lot more than you would
think from this link.