[Cryptography] Fast handling of IP Address changes for HTTPS

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:53:34 EST 2017

On 12/28/2017 02:35 PM, Paul F Fraser wrote:

> Any suggestion how to handle this?

Hello Paul,

I don't know much about your case.
But, if your site will be used by phone application, you can embed
X25519 keys and create your own DH Key exchange.
This will also prevent any kind of MITM attack.
I am actually working on a similar solution for my messenger application.
Me too, I am using LetsEncrypt certificates.
Previously, I have been using 4096 bit embedded RSA keys but X25519
are simpler and don't require additional binary modules. A simple
plain javascript solves the problem.
I am combining X25519 with my own symmetric encryption, but there are
much easier solutions like:
https://github.com/dchest/tweetnacl-js
You don't need to write much code. There are libraries for both client
& server sides.
I hope it helps.

Regards
Ismail Kizir