[Cryptography] paragraph with expected frequencies

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Dec 20 19:35:09 EST 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Robin Wood wrote:

> I'm working on a bit of crypto with my young daughter and we are about
> to look at frequency analysis. Are there any short UK English paragraphs
> where the frequency of letters is about what you would expect based on
> frequency charts? i.e. E then T, A and O.

Well done with the kid!

I'd suggest a newspaper, and with no scientific justification whatsoever
use a broadsheet (such as "The Times" etc) rather than a tabloid (they
cater to their audience and so tend to use short words and simple
grammar).

As I said, no scientific basis at all, just a gut feeling.