[Cryptography] paragraph with expected frequencies

Robin Wood robin at digi.ninja
Wed Dec 20 17:42:09 EST 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 22:35 Erik, <erik at erikgranger.name> wrote:

> On 12/20/2017 04:02 AM, Robin Wood wrote:
> > Hi
> > Something a little less technical than a normal question...
> >
> > I'm working on a bit of crypto with my young daughter and we are about
> > to look at frequency analysis.
>

> It warms my heart for the young people to be learning encryption. I
> don't have anything of substance to add, I just wanted to say that.

I'm one of the organisers of the SteelCon conference where we have a kids
track. This year, during the opening talk, Pippa (6) set the kids two
crypto challenges, one Pigpen and one rot13, she then came up onto stage at
the end and gave prizes to the ones who had solved them.

She loves puzzles and this is just another type of puzzle to her.

Robin