[Cryptography] High volume thermal entropy from an iPhone

Will Yager lists at yager.io
Thu Dec 14 08:35:50 EST 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> I'm still learning here, but is that a weakness of crypto in general i.e. always avoid null keys and IVs, or AES in particular?

The point is that  stati stical  tests are not actually very useful for judging RNGs, not that there’s something wrong with AES. It’s easy to create an entirely predictable PRNG that will pass any given statisti calt est. In fact, this is basically one of the definitions we can use to define a keyed PRNG in cryptographic proofs.