[Cryptography] High volume thermal entropy from an iPhone

Alexandre Anzala-Yamajako anzalaya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 06:28:47 EST 2017

 Most

> likely practical direction of course is simply use universal hash
> extractor instead of VN, since it relaxes a lot of requirements.

It would but, don't you need to be able to lower bound the min-entropy of
the source data to use a Universal Hash extractor ?
I actually think that from my points earlier point 4 is the most pertinent
: in your case not only are you neither the designer nor the manufacturer
but you also do not control the software updated that get delivered to you.
--
Alexandre Anzala-Yamajako