[Cryptography] High volume thermal entropy from an iPhone

Max Skibinsky max at skibinsky.com
Wed Dec 13 17:05:03 EST 2017

Alexandre, thanks for reading and suggestions! I will certainly check
out your references.

As it is probably obvious from the essay-style narrative, this is not
intended to be a tight scientific paper, just our research log of
first order ideas we coded up for minimal working prototype. You are
correct on #1,#3 - current codebase doesn't addresses these issues. #2
is interesting, because besides wide variety of camera hardware that
model should reflect, iOS camera parameters present us with an
opportunity to create optimal hardware source. This is far from our
area of expertise, so I hope somebody in open source community will
pick it up from here and figure out both formal model and what
physical settings will optimize the source.

Thanks again for great suggestions, I will further emphasize impact of
 correlations & VN sensitivity to non-IID in final section. Most
likely practical direction of course is simply use universal hash
extractor instead of VN, since it relaxes a lot of requirements.

- Max