[Cryptography] Intel's $10-100 billion Minix copyright problem

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Dec 11 00:59:30 EST 2017

In article <E1eO76x-000Eet-FX at elasmtp-dupuy.atl.sa.earthlink.net> you write:
>I'm now expecting to hear that Intel was *forced* by the
>FISA "court" (perhaps not even an actual Article 3 court
>[3]) to incorporate the ME "spy engine" into every chip,
>and that same "court" issued an NSL to keep the existence
>of this "spy engine" secret.

Aw, come on.  Even if we imagine that we hear the whirr of black
helicopters around Santa Clara, this imaginary order would have told
them to provide a list of spy functions, not what process manager to
use.  Someone just wasn't thinking clearly.

Whatever the ME does, I'm sure that they could have bought a QNX
license and done it totally legally and just as well, probably better
because QNX is designed to be used in constrained embedded
environments.

R's,
John