[Cryptography] Intel Management Engine pwnd

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Dec 1 20:42:24 EST 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Jerry Leichter wrote:

>> My iPad does not have a power switch either; what's it doing when I
>> think it's asleep?
>
> Where did you get an iPad with no power switch?  Every one I've ever
> seen has one on the top - you hold it until the Slide To Power down
> display appears, then slide.
>
> (Granted this isn't something people do regularly.)

So it does...  I bought the thing second-hand, and the only documentation
I could find was the dross on Wikipedia.  Of course, I'll bet it's a soft
power switch (I didn't hear a relay click), so the basic argument still
stands...

(Sorry, Mr Moderator, but I need to correct my mistake; thanks, Jerry!)