[Cryptography] Regulations of Tempest protections of buildings

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:03:03 EDT 2017

As noted upthread, a lesson on how to read and apply US laws and
regulations are beyond the scope of this list.  You're arguing out of
context and it's not helping your position.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 1:06 AM, mok-kong shen <mok-kong.shen at t-online.de> wrote:
> How did you suppose that a normal basement room is a specially
> (intentionally) built Faraday
> insulated room and hence your point is relevent to the present context? Even
> without any human
> intervention, in a deep natural tunnel, radio reception is known to be
> impossible. Are you claiming
> that the law is therefore (since it fails to save human life in emergency
> cases where the people
> should be warned) senseless or what?

The basement story is likely an unintentional strawman. Here's my own
anecdata that's even more troublesome to your line of argument:
As a forensic analyst, one of the first things I do when tasked with
collecting and examining a phone is to place it in a grounded Faraday
cage with a power feed to the device.  My explicit intent is to
disrupt communication with that device.  This happens many hundreds of
times daily, all over the US, done both by private and law enforcement
investigators.  None of us have been found to be breaking the law by
doing this, and not for lack of opponents trying to argue otherwise.