[Cryptography] Regulations of Tempest protections of buildings

mok-kong shen mok-kong.shen at t-online.de
Sun Apr 2 11:48:54 EDT 2017

I wrote previously in a  follow-up to a thread that I vaguely remember
to have read
that in US a permission is needed for Farady shielding of rooms,
whereupon a few
readers doubted its correctness. I have just succeeded to again find the
source:

A. Stanoyevitch, Discrete Structures with Contemporary Applications. CRC
Press,
2011. On p.301 there is:

      Buildings can be fitted using a special insulation procedure that
protects
      against tempest devices, but any company or individual in the US
who has
      this insulation must first obtain a license from the federal
Government.

M. K. Shen