[Cryptography] Spooky quantum radar at a distance

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sat Sep 24 11:31:29 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:

> > http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/2021235/end-
> stealth-new-chinese-radar-capable-detecting-invisible-targets-100km
> There is an important concept in quantum mechanics

> Based just on this article, I'd say bullshit.  If there's really something
> there, we'll hear more about it.

My guess is that something was lost in the translation ;-)

Or we are seeing yet another economic challenge of wills intended to cause
the opposition so spend money time and resources.

On the technical side stealth has limitations.  Much of stealth works
because
returns are controlled and not returned to a radar sender.   In the case
of reflecting facet technology they go some place and might be detected
as an echo from some other object.

As we are seeing even WiFi transmissions can be passively watched to see
what is
inside a building.

And sure some quantum effect may make this all easy.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l