[Cryptography] Use Linux for its security

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sat Oct 1 16:18:10 EDT 2016

On Oct 1, 2016, at 1:04 PM, Thierry Moreau <thierry.moreau at connotech.com> wrote:

> On 01/10/16 01:26 PM, Ben Laurie wrote:

>>> I’m working on reducing complexity every single day:  https://sc4.us/
>>
>> Better drop jquery, then!
>
> Indeed, for any seriously security-minded web-enabled application.
>
> Client-side logic is incompatible with a self-defense strategy for an http server application.

Just to be clear, SC4 is not an HTTP server application, it’s a client-side application.  It just happens to be written in Javascript and uses a browser for a GUI, but different implementations are possible.  There’s already a command-line implementation written in Python, and implementations in other languages would not be hard to do.  It’s only about 3 kLOC (and a third of that is TweetNaCl) so it’s pretty easy to port.

There is a version of SC4 that uses a server to distribute keys, but that’s optional.

rg