[Cryptography] "we need to protect [our dox] by at least encrypting them"

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Sat Nov 5 10:35:00 EDT 2016

The cryptographers have only interpreted insecurity, in various ways; the
point is to change it.

Document level security isn't enough, you need to protect the transport as
well.

Transport level security isn't enough, you need to protect the document as
well.

Security must be pervasive and automatic. The user who must think about
security is the user who doesn't think about security on the occasion that
it matters.

Tell the computer what to do, not the user. Any set of user instructions
can be reduced to code.

I spent last week writing up the documentation for the Mathematical Mesh. I
hope to get that converted into HTML and loaded onto the site next week.
After that, I just need to refactor the code so that it matches the docs
and people can start playing with it.

The core idea of the Mesh is that it is really easy to apply cryptography
to any application if every device and every user has a set of private keys
that you can use as anchor points. So making it easy for users to achieve
that allows all else to follow.