[Cryptography] Hacking spread spectrum clocking of HW ?

Harlan Lieberman-Berg hlieberman at setec.io
Wed May 25 19:37:29 EDT 2016

Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> writes:
> Q: How hard is it to diddle with the spreading codes on these clocking
> sources?  I'd like to experiment with some longer codes.

It's worth noting, you'll very probably be in violation of whatever
country you belong to's laws if you mess with those codes without the
proper license.

In the US, for example, even amateur radio operators otherwise allowed
to do way more than the general public aren't necessarily allowed to
transmit spread spectrum outside certain spreading codes.

cf https://www.tapr.org/ss_fcc.html and WT 97-12.
--
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
~hlieberman