[Cryptography] DataGateKeeper: The FIRST Impenetrable Anti-Hacking Software by MyDataAngel.com, Inc. — Kickstarter

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Sat May 14 13:17:40 EDT 2016

We should probably have someone make a point of debunking snakeoil crypto
on Kickstarter.

Recently there was a guy claiming to have 'unbreakable' crypto based on an
OTP. So I asked how he exchanged the keystream. "Encrypted under AES256'.

Despite my many attempts, he was unable to understand the fact that if the
keystream is disclosed in any form, encrypted or not, the proof of
unbreakability is lost. While the encrypted keystream and the ciphertext
are unbreakable on their own, they are not unbreakable if an attacker has
both.

The only effect of the scheme was to double the data volume and reduce AES
to stream cipher robustness. Stream ciphers can be secure but they are
fragile as heck.