[Cryptography] 2nd Amendment Case for the Right to Bear Crypto

J.M. Porup jm at porup.com
Thu May 12 13:20:48 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 06:44:24AM -0700, Henry Baker wrote:
> Suppose that there were much better "bulletproof" armor which was ubiquitously built into the clothing that we all wear.  The LEO's would freak out (just like they did after the "North Hollywood shootout" in 1997 in Los Angeles [1]), but -- as a public policy matter -- wouldn't everyone wearing such *armor* be a much better use of the 2nd Amendment than everyone carrying *offensive* weapons?

Tailor Miguel Caballero of Bogotá, Colombia sells bespoke bulletproof
clothing to people who can afford it:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Caballero_%28company%29

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/21/colombia-fashion

    http://colombiareports.com/miguelo-romano-fashion-flaunt-protect/

One wonders when the price will drop and everyone can afford to wear
such clothing. Not pie-in-the-sky, surely?

jmp