[Cryptography] N. Korean radio broadcasts string of random numbers

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Tue Aug 30 18:14:56 EDT 2016

On 08/30/2016 10:48 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> On 8/16/16, Jan Pechanec <jan.pechanec at oracle.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016, Henry Baker wrote:
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697192/Mystery-numbers-N-Korea-broadcasts-carry-Cold-War-echoes.html
>>>
>>> Mystery as North Korean radio broadcasts string of random numbers

Whenever somebody does this, everyone around the world sits up and
takes notice, writes news stories, etc etc etc....  have we ever
considered the possibility that it's just somebody with a homemade
transmitter who's trolling them for giggles?

I could pick up an amateur radio tomorrow and read the output
of a CPRNG out loud into a microphone.  Would that cause an
international incident?  Would I wind up talking to the guys with
the expensive sunglasses and cheap shoes again?

				Bear